Sunday 5 September 2010

2nd sep am

2nd Sep 2am

For the second time this during this adventure, I have been awoken from my slumber by my annoyingly acute hearing. I like to think that im tough, im pretty much not afraid of anyone and can rationalize most situations. Cant fight for shit but will make out that I can until the very last moment. Lots has happened here in Kenya, Ive been challenged in every which way that you can imagine and haven’t shed a tear, ive figured that this is Africa ya know. Shit happens and Ive gotta deal with it.
I did wonder when I was gonna break, wanna come home.
Ive broken, i wanna come home.
My arse is itching insanely –all I can picture is a gut infested with worms and I cant get treated until tomo. This hasn’t broken me, cause like I said, this is Africa and if I didnt get some parasite living of me then i haven’t lived the experience.
Remember I told you about the cockroaches that I killed with bleach in our toilet, well one saught its revenge tonight.

About half an hour ago, I awoke suddenly from my sleep. Something wasn’t right. Rustling has awoken me, I couldn’t tell if it was from outside or inside but it sure was rusterling. I listened closer –was my nightime window intruder back i thought, where is my bloody swiss army knife?. No. It was coming from inside. Inside our room. But where. What the hell is rustleing...

I TELL YOU WHAT WAS RUSTERLING, A FUCKING COCKROACH HAD CRAWLED ALL THE WAY FROM THE TOILET, INTO THE HOUSE, THROUGH THE KITCHEN, THROUGH THE LIVING ROOM, PAST MYACUTE AWARENES OF EVERYTHING INSECTLIKE, OVER SOME PLASTIC BAGS (THIS IS WHAT I HEARD) UNDER MY MOSSIE NET AND INTO MY BED AND OVER MY BARE TANNLESS BODY.

Lord above I screamed. I fucking screamed. Knowinging instantly what it was. Thankfully Odongo our Kenyan rep, was awake and came and removed it.

ENOUGH. IVE HAD FUCKING ENOUGH.

My bed ya know. The one place that is safe for me. Safe from the frustrations and horrors of the hospital. Safe from all bugs, mossies and flies. My throne, my bed. Invaded, invaded by the biggest uglylist cockroach in the world.
Needless to say that im too afraid to go back into bed. Ive check all the surrounding areas and odongo and Helen say that it was just bad luck. Bad fucking lucking luck like the shits ive had frm day one, being groped by some minging Kenyan man, having worms sucking the nutrients from my gut and now sleeping with a cockroach.

Ive had enough. I wanna cry, but I cant. Im not even bloody sad, im just annoyed. Annoyed that I cant eat anything, and now im being eaten. Im tired. I think im homesick again. Don’t really wanna count down the days ( 17 by the way) as this is a fucking amazing experience and I wanna live i to the full. But this bugs are a nightmare.

Ok im gonna go back to bed, i think. Im bloody traumatized though. Gotta give it to the fucker, these bugs are smart, not only did this one survive a bleach bath, it actually came back to seek its revenge. Gotta find the funny side. –RIGHT?

WRONG.

This is not funny. I wanna go home and fuck my arse is ITCHING!!!!!!!!!

No comments: