Friday 27 August 2010

25th Aug

25th August

OOOOH I think that I have seen every animal in the Lion King!!!!
We went to an orphaned elephant sanctuary in Nairobi! I managed to touch a few baby elephants! They have really rough skin and are so bloody cute! Apologies for not being able to put the pictures up, Im really gonna try next week. Gonna spend a day in the internet cafe and see if I can upload them to flicker but judging by the slowness of Kenyan Internet and the unreliability of the service, this may not happen.
We stayed at the elephant sanctuary for about an hour because weirdly it is only open for an hour a day, but at 250 bob, £2.50 this was not bad at all. We were assembled into a giant ring and

Next we went to the giraffe sanctuary and I actually got to feed and kiss one. They have long sloppy blue tongues that exudes saliva. So we were given pellets and allowed to feed the giraffe who just swipped the pellets from my hand with its long slobbery tongue and left a film a saliva. Apparently the saliva has antiseptic and sunscreen properties!! Giraffe are seriously beautiful creatures. Watching a few walk along the savannah ground was just beautiful, they are just elegant, I actually cant really believe their height! And their carotid arteries are about 2 meters tall! WOW!

To be honest It would be better if I actually just put the bloody pictures up as they are much more eloquent than my blabber!

Oh Forget I also touched a Rhino, bloody ugly prehistoric looking animals but kinda beautiful with the ugliness –misnomer but true. This one, also when it was still seemed unreal, almost like a stone figure.

We had starbucks lunch at Java café and rounded of the day with some more shopping. I love shopping, and the joke is that all the stuff we donate to charity finds itself being sold here in Kenya, so now im even more on the hunt for some vintage goodies!

No comments: